May 29, 2017

In Honor of Barbara Sander’s Presidency

On July 1st, Barbara Sander completed her three year term as National BNC President. Over the course of her presidency, she worked tirelessly to improve relations between 250,000 BNC members all over the United States, established a wildly successful leadership-development program and brought over 40 chapters closer to the National Board. Her energy and optimism are an inspiration to all of us, and brace her in her fight against a rare form of blood cancer.

We owe so much to her for her leadership, and her efforts to ensure that the philanthropic support of Brandeis grows. She is a role model to all of us in both word and deed. As one of the generous donors to the BNC’s Scholarship Campaign, she says “I can’t very well ask people to make significant gifts if I don’t do it myself”. While dedicating herself to her work, she continues to battle multiple myeloma which has no long term cure. However, she is adamant about remaining active and busy, and will remain on the Brandeis Board of Trustees. Determined to continue contributing her experience and wisdom to BNC, she says  “This cancer won’t kill me, so, as long as I have the energy, there’s absolutely no excuse for my not doing my best for the BNC.”

Read more about her art of motivation here: http://www.brandeis.edu/magazine/2016/summer/imprint.html

We extend our appreciation to the following people for contributing to the BNC Scholarship Campaign in honor of Barb Sander’s Presidency:

Ellen Klein

Esther Rose

Janet Tolbert

Ann Friedman

Ronnie Riceberg

Pauline Leopold

Diane and Phil Rosenblum

Fran and Mike Spring

Sara Benesch

Helen Spindler

Sunny Brownrout

Barbara, Cliff and Andrew Bart

Jill Simons

Joyce Sandler

Elaine Nutlay

Marilyn and Paul Blankman

Joe Sander

Madalyn Friedberg, from the Central Westchester chapter, who has served as national vice president of fundraising for the past year, succeeded Barbara Sander as the Brandeis National Committee’s national president on July 1. Madalyn joined the BNC in 1973, and will serve as a leader for the organization and its 41 chapters.

Protected by Akismet
Blog with WordPress

Welcome Guest | Login (Brandeis Members Only)