May 29, 2017

PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE

New Beginnings for 2017-2018! Until I receive a new President’s Message from Carol, I just wanted to share a small sentiment I said at our last Board Meeting

Three years ago, Howard and I came to enjoy our winter home. I had known little of Brandeis, BNC but as a retired Registered Nurse, became interested due to the commitment to medical education and research. I met, became friends with so many of you and was fortunate to make a trip to the Brandeis Campus. Norma Gastwirth, I will never forget our trip to Waltham!

A few days after learning was all it took for me to know, I wanted to go further in my commitment to Wycliffe, BNC. It has been an honor to hold the position of President.  I celebrate with you today wiser, and more experienced about the commitment of our Chapter to Brandeis, BNC.  I don’t view today as a “closing.” I take pride in initiating our Chapter to move toward the age of computer awareness and communications. I thank every member of the Board for their friendship and support. Each one of you has a very special talent.

I had the pleasure of installing Carol Brecher to the position of President…

” Carol, how can I begin to find the words for your Installation as President for the next year? Carol, you have an infinite knowledge of Brandeis. Proudly you’ve held the position of Chapter President from 2004 – 2006, have co-chaired the position of Learning Opportunities with Sheila Novins bringing us years of wonderful Study Groups, have developed deep friendships within the Wycliffe Chapter, and a strong commitment to BNC. It is my pleasure to install you as President of the Wycliffe Chapter of Brandeis for the 2017 – 2018 term. Congratulations!”

Enjoy the summer months!

Sincerely,

Linda Novick,  Past-President Wycliffe, BNC

lindanovick1@gmail.com

A bit of more information: We are moving beyond E-mails, and our future bulletins and flyers will be accessed online through Portable Document Files (PDF’s).  PDF’s enable the recipient to view documents in their in complete color form.  Our bulletins will be enhanced with up to six pages and flyers will be clear and crisp to the eye. A special program known as Adobe Acrobat will enable everyone to view all our future documents.  This program is FREE to download; do it today and join us as we move to keep pace with the “age of computer technology.”

1. Search the Internet for the FREE Adobe Acrobat app. or, right-click on the link provided:    https://get.adobe.com/reader/

2. Follow the directions given to download the FREE application

3. Open the application and follow the directions

Executive Board 2017 – 2018

PRESIDENT:  CAROL BRECHER

VICE PRESIDENTS:

LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:  ZELDA FREEDMAN & JOYCE PRIMOST

FUND RAISING:  SHEILA NOVINS, DIANE DAUM, HAROLYN GLICKER & PAT VAN GORP

LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT:  GLORIA KRAMER

MEMBERSHIP:  LYNN KANTER & EILEEN BLAU

RECORDING SECRETARY: MICHELE BANKER

CORRESPONDING SEC’Y: ROZ SANDLER

FINANCIAL SEC’Y: ROBIN SAFER

TREASURER: AUDREY GREENBERG

BULLETIN EDITOR: LINDA NOVICK & NORMA GASTWIRTH

E-BLASTS: IZZIE FRIEDMAN

WEBMASTER: LINDA NOVICK

BOOK FUND:  NANCY MALCHI & ELLIE FIGMAN

GOOD & WELFARE: JOYCE PRIMOST

COMMITTEES:

BALLET: SHARON ZION

SPANISH RIVER CONCERTS: AMY LIEBERMAN

CIO: NORMA FEINSOD

OPENING MEETING: JACKIE ERTEL & ROBIN SAFER

CLOSING MEETING:  SHEILA NOVINS & DIANE DAUM

NOMINATING COMMITTEE: LINDA NOVICK

BOARD MEMBERS AT LARGE:

JOAN TEPPER

HAROLYN GLICKER

NORMA GASTWIRTH

TILENE PINSKER

HARRIET WALTER

SANDRA BUGNER

EVELYN LANE

REGION/ NATIONAL REPS: ZELDA FREEDMAN / NORMA FEINSOD

Protected by Akismet
Blog with WordPress

Welcome Guest | Login (Brandeis Members Only)