JULY TECH TALK: WHAT’S IN YOUR WALLET?

WHAT’S IN YOUR WALLET?

by John Rudy

Summer tends to be peak travel time, so here’s a tip about safeguarding your wallet–at home or abroad.

I suspect that few of you know exactly what is in your wallet, so if it is stolen or lost, you might have a problem.  But even if you know what cards you have there, do you know the card numbers and you how to contact the organizations so that they can be frozen?

The solution is a small spreadsheet:

Card Description Card Number Contact email Contact Phone

Then, put it in a place so that, if the wallet is stolen (even in Europe), you can get to the data.  I will leave that part up to you!

BOLLI Matters “Tech Talk” feature writer John Rudy

A long-time technology expert and guide, John provides his helpful hints in this monthly BOLLI Matters feature.  In the comment box below, provide John with questions, comments, or suggestions for future items on any computer/tech topic .

2 thoughts on “JULY TECH TALK: WHAT’S IN YOUR WALLET?”

1. I enjoy reading BOLLI MATTERS every week and applaud Sue Wurster’s fantastic work making it happen. This week’s issue is particularly good. Eleanor’s article really put to words so much of what so many of us are worrying about. And I enjoyed Dennis’ article as the ‘occasional’ memory lapses are a new part of life.

2. Setting up still one more file seems needlessly complex. I simply laid the cards out on my printer and made copies of them (front and back). Two pieces of paper which can be duplicated easily and/or scanned.