discussing news and life at Brandeis

It was having some technical difficulties but LTS has sorted it all out for me yay!

One insightful thing I learned in lab this week was that with media you must have patience because if you try to do something in a rush you just screw it up save things in the wrong places etc and end up making more work for yourself.

A thing I am having a problem with is writing my scripts in a more approachable conversational way because I typically speak in a very formal manner it makes it hard to make my broadcast writing mainstream.

March 10th, 2010 at 1:29 pm
One Response to “So my blog is finally working again!- Weekly blog reflection”
  1. 1
    sarahw Says:

Glad to hear your blog is back!

Hmm… I think you’re the first person I’ve met who’s had trouble writing informally. The only thing I can think of is to think of someone you would talk informally to, perhaps imagining a younger sibling or relative if you have one?

You don’t want to go the extreme of talking down in a condescending way but think of someone who has had less experience and does not have a college-level vocabulary. If you have someone like this in your life, or a friend’s sibling, etc. perhaps you can borrow them and tell your story to them and see if they get it?