SPOTLIGHT ON JOBS
Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Title: SVP Corporate Security Director, Full-Time/Regular
Where: Eastern Bank- 195 Market Street, Lynn, MA
When you join Eastern Bank, you join the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve. As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program. As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of all Eastern’s personnel, facilities, and for all fraud and loss prevention and investigations.
- Work with law enforcement, internal departments and clients to prevent or minimize company and client losses.
- Serve as the Corporate Security leader responsible for the development, implementation and management of the organization’s corporate security vision, strategy and programs as they align with overall corporate goals.
- Provide oversight and direction to staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security processes across the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure to liability in all areas of financial, physical, and personnel risk; and direct the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures related to physical security and fraud detection, prevention, and investigations.
- Ensure professional training, competencies and required skill sets are available and maintained across all specialized departments.
- Provide assurance that all pertinent regulatory and legal requirements are adhered to.
- Incumbent must be able to function at a very high professional level, confidently make decisions, and effectively contribute and interface with all levels of management.
- Strategic in thinking and persuasive in both verbal and written presentations
- Ability to independently make decisions based on sound analysis, judgement and, understanding of impact in order to pro-actively ensure escalation of events when necessary.
Major position specific responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for Eastern’s enterprise fraud strategy and annual roadmap of initiatives related to minimizing exposure, detecting and preventing losses. Provides leadership, organization and management to the various investigative efforts.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the physical protection and safety of Eastern Bank personnel and assets, aimed at reducing risks, costs and exposure. Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in all areas of physical security and manages the physical security program, incident response,
- Works closely with Eastern Bank management in the areas of compliance, operational risk, information security, data and network security, internal audit, legal and business lines on matters of mutual interest. Mitigates risk and works to prevent losses. Serves as subject matter expert and a resource on the Incident Response Team, under the Customer Breach program and on project teams as appropriate.
- Participates in professional forums and maintains informed and knowledgeable of trends and developments in the Security field. Maintains relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies, as appropriate.
- In accordance with established practices, defines and manages metrics based program performance measurements that will provide a means to analyze and address ongoing and emerging trends, demonstrate performance in core competencies and provide for accurate staffing analysis.
- Plan, direct and coordinate necessary training efforts relating to security, loss prevention, risk, and overdraft management. Work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
- Control the purchase and installation of physical security hardware, access systems, case management and fraud detection software for all of Eastern Bank.
- Research and implement applicable regulatory requirements and best practices; and identify new/needed skills, processes, or methods for continued quality improvement within Corporate Security.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, and be available “on-call” as a point of escalation to respond to security related events as may be necessary.
Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent experience of 10+ years working in a security leadership role
- 8-10 years of fraud investigation / case management /security experience.
- Professional Security Certifications such as ACFE or ACAMS preferred.
Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team and who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Should have experience with strategic planning, loss prevention, auditing, and Risk Management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
- Must have strong relationships with and working knowledge of pertinent law and the law enforcement communities.
- Must have a solid understanding of fraud detection and prevention solutions and the ability to leverage up to date knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Highly organized and experienced in management of multiple related projects with multiple customers.
- Focused personality, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in developing, applying and interpreting internal policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of complex problem solving and decision-making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proactive engagement and the ability to successfully implement security programs and promote security awareness.
- Proven self-starter, requiring little supervision to take initiative and execute above responsibilities
Interested candidates should apply directly to the Eastern Bank website here. (Candidates can use Requisition ID #00569 to find position).
Click here to subscribe to our blog!
Leave a Reply