SPOTLIGHT ON JOBS
Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: The position is with Interactive Data Corporation‘s data operations department in Bedford, MA.
Interactive Data Corporation is a trusted leader in financial information. Thousands of financial institutions and active traders, as well as hundreds of software and service providers, subscribe to our fixed income evaluations, reference data, real-time market data, trading infrastructure services, fixed income analytics, desktop solutions and web-based solutions. Interactive Data’s offerings support clients around the world with mission-critical functions, including portfolio valuation, regulatory compliance, risk management, electronic trading and wealth management. Interactive Data has over 2,500 employees in offices worldwide.
Position: Strategic Business Analyst
Opening for a Business Analyst who is smart, a big picture thinker, proactive, and a natural problem solver. This is better than your average BA position because Interactive Data empowers their Business Analysts to ask thought provoking questions (be “healthy skeptics”) to ensure the best results and expect them to explore opportunities that would add additional value. In your role, you must be able to parachute into a project and work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to deliver results and artifacts quickly. You must also be able to determine the root cause of the problem; then derive and document the best outcome for the business via process modeling, functional requirements, and data analysis.
- University degree or college diploma
- 5+ years’ of demonstrated work experience as a BA translating business workflows, requirements, rules and/or, data into written specifications
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Experience in system and process improvement life cycles design and implementation in an unstructured environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Comfortable operating in a high-performing team and managing multiple project/initiatives simultaneously.
- Proactive, highly energetic, results oriented, with a “can-do” attitude in meeting challenges/resolving business problems.
- Team player with the willingness to take direction/constructive criticism from management and has an aptitude to learn quickly.
- Performs with high level of autonomy in performing day-to-day tasks.
To view additional details on this position and to apply, please visit the career portal here!
Please make sure to reference seeing this position through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.
Not subscribed to our blog?