Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: QinetiQ North America, Waltham, MA
About: QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
Position: Program Manager
Position Details: Program Manager will support QNA Maritime Systems business area by supporting new and ongoing Navy development, production, and lifecycle support programs. Program Manager will also identify and capture new Maritime business.
Manage design, development, manufacturing, test and installation activities for commercial and Department of Defense projects. Individual will be responsible for initiating projects by directly working with customer/sponsors to define top level scope and overall objectives. This individual will be a key contributor to plan projects by reviewing customer requirements, defining WBS, estimate durations/costs, developing schedules, and critical path analysis. During the execution of the project the program manager shall lead a team to execute planned tasks to deliver specific scope on time and on budget. The program manager will be expected to use his/her skills and knowledge of the system to identify issues as they occur and provide direction to maintain cost & schedule performance.
- Interface with customer and support requests to modify/add scope to project by providing proposals.
- Develop schedules and budgets using WBS, critical path and estimating techniques.
- Develop project plans including developing MS Project schedules.
- Communicate weekly plans to the project team.
- Direct project team and provide guidance to mitigate issues as they occur.
- Work with the team to take project performance and update MS Project plan
- 2 – 10 years as a project manager, technical lead or Cost Account Manager on an electromechanical development/production project.
- BS Engineering or BA Business or related field.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have experience managing DOD acquisition programs.
- MS Project – Must have hands on experience.
- EVMS – Must have 2+ years of experience managing with EVMS.
- Excellent People Skills – Must be capable of leading a team of technical personnel, capable of conflict resolution. Must be capable of managing a customer to assure the customer’s needs are met without incurring scope growth.
- Scope/Requirements Analysis – Must be capable of working with a customer to translate the customer’s wants and needs to top level scope and requirements.
- Estimating – Must be capable of working with Subject Matter Experts to develop estimates for duration and cost.
- Schedule/Budgets – Must be capable of developing a WBS and translating that to a Microsoft Project schedule. Develop budget for all work packages in the WBS.
- Experience with Navy LRIP and/or FRP programs
- Development and Maintenance of Logistics Management Information (LMI) in accordance with MIL-STD-1388-2B, GEIA-STD-0007, or MIL-PRF-49506
- Spares analysis and spares development
- Experience writing DoD proposals
Please make sure to reference seeing this position through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.
Not subscribed to our blog?