11, Place Marcelin Berthelot
75005 Paris, FRANCE
office: B 103
phone: (+33) 1 44 27 13 88
email: jonathan.touboul (at) college-de-france (dot) fr
10/2011 – present: College de France, Mathematical Neuroscience Team (group leader), Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology
10/2010 – 04/2017: Research Scientist at Inria Paris Rocquencourt.
10/2009 – 07/2010: Postdoctoral Associate, Dept. of Mathematical Physics, The Rockefeller University, New-York, USA.
03/2009 – 10/2010: Postdoctoral Associate, Dept. of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh (USA)- Mentor: Bard Ermentrout.
2008 : PhD in mathematics, Ecole Polytechnique, defended December 23rd, 2008,
Nonlinear and Stochastic Models in Neuroscience.
Committee: J.C. Yoccoz, M. Yor, T. Sejnowski, A. Destexhe, Y. Fregnac, C. Viterbo, W. Gerstner
(awarded the best thesis prize of the Ecole Polytechnique.)
2005-2006 : MSc in Mathematics, University Paris VI: Probability and Applications, summa cum laude.
2003-2005 : Telecom Paristech: scientific and civil service formation for the Corps des Mines
2000-2003: Ecole Polytechnique, Paris.
Commissions of Trust
Evaluation committee: European Research Council (ERC, 2015, 2016),CRCNS NSF program (2013), Bernstein Awards (2015), ANR Life Science (2015), ANR Numerical Models (2013).
Students & Postdocs – see Team
2011/2012: Stochastic Calculus and Limit Theorems, full professor, Master 2 Science of Complex Systems, Erasmus Mundus program between Ecole Polytechnique, Warwick, Chalmers and Gothenburg Universities.
2007-2010: Mathematical Methods for Neurosciences, teaching assistant, Master 2 Mathematique, Vision et Apprentissage (ENS Paris)
Journal reviewer for: eLife, PLOS Computational Biology, Phys Rev E, Journal of Statistical Physics, Electronic Journal of Probability SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Reviews, PLoS One, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems , Statistical and Probability Letters , Electronic Journal of Probability, Physica D, Journal of Computational Neuroscience, Neural Computation, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals,International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, Journal of Mathematical Biology, Biological Cybernetics, Cognitive Neurodynamics, Soft Computing, Mathematical Modeling of Natural Phenomena, Journal of Mathematical Neuroscience,NeuroImage.
Organization of Scientific meetings
- Mathematics of the brain (Collège de France), with special guest Jack Cowan from University of Chicago (21/10/2014)
- The Stochastic Brain session, SPA Conference on Probabilities (Buenos Aires 2014)
- SIAM Conference on Dynamical Systems (Snowbird, Utah) 2013 & 2015: co-organizer of a mini-symposium Stochastic and Nonlinear Neural Dynamics with B. Ermentrout (U. Pittsburgh) and Z. Kilpatrick (U. Utah)
- 30/10/2013, 28/10/2014: Organization of the Bio-Mathematics Days at the Collège de France (with A. Prochiantz and A. Lambert).
- 2011-current: Organization of seminars on bio-mathematics at the Collège de France. Past speakers include Bill Bialek, Michele Castellana and Thibaud Taillefumier (Princeton University), Marty Golubitsky (Ohio State University), Jon Rubin and Bard Ermentrout (University of Pittsburgh) and Jack Cowan (University of Chicago).
Member of the scholarly societies:
- French Mathematical Society (SMF since 2010)
- International Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM, since 2010)
- French Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SMAI, since 2011)
2017 – 2018: Memolife Project: Altering Fear Memory (co-PIs: S. Wiener, CIRB & K. Benchenane, ESPCI).
2016 – 2017: PI of the CNRS Interdisciplinary Project: Mathematical modeling of synaptic plasticity – Big data in the brain (with L. Venance)
2014 – PI of Postdoctoral Scholarship (hired Justyna Signerska), Ville de Paris & Inria
2014 – co-PI Postdoctoral Scholarship from PSL* (with B. Gutkin & M. Krupa)
2013 – PI of NeuroGauge PEPS PTI (A. Romagnoni) with A. Autonoma of Madrid (C. Pena).
2013 – PI of NeuroInfo PEPS PTI project with Princeton University (T. Taillefumier)
2013 – Member, ANR Kibord (associate member, held by Laurent Desvillettes)