My project is going to be about Kindness Day, an annual event at Brandeis. My main interviewee will be Gabby (Kindness day coordinator of four years):
1. How did you come to be involved in leading this day?
2. How has kindness day evolved since you were a freshman?
3. Why is kindness important to you?
4. What sorts of activities are on the agenda this year?
5. Favorite part/activity?
6. What has been one of your most memorable kind interaction you had with someone?
7. What do you want people to take away from the day?
8. Would you say Brandeisians remember to create a kind campus when it’s not kindness day?
I will be spending the weekend with the orthodox community of Monsey, NY. I want to use the opportunity to ask about the lifestyle and what it entails in the long term. I don’t know how much I actually will be able to film since I won’t be able to use a camera from Friday evening to Saturday evening, but I should have time before and after.
I would ask questions about the community. How it feels to live in an enclave isolated from the rest of the world; if people ever leave; where they stand politically. I will also inquire about the celebrations, how it makes them feel and whatnot.
I will be interviewing a number of editors from each respective newspaper, but one person that has definitely agreed to an interview is managing editor of the Justice Avi Gold. I want to do a behind the scenes video of either the Justice, the Hoot or both, and I think Avi is the perfect person to talk to for this story.
- What’s the process for putting together the paper?
- How many staff members are there on the paper?
- What does the hierarchy look like?
- How often do you meet as an editorial staff?
- Where do story ideas come from?
- How is your relationship with the Hoot?
- Have the two papers ever collaborated on anything?
These are just the questions that immediately came to my mind. I’m sure I’ll have more.