The Brandeis University Division of Science held its annual undergraduate research poster session SciFest VI on August 4, 2016, as a record number of student researchers presented posters with the results of their summer’s (or last year’s) worth of independent research. We had a great audience of grad students, postdocs, faculty, proud parents, and senior administrators.
More pictures and abstract books are available at the SciFest site.
SciFest VI by numbers
- 106 posters
- 108 student presenters out of approx. 150 summer student researchers
- 85 Brandeis students
- 3 international students (all from India)
- 20 visiting domestic students
- 16 REU students
- 42 Brandeis faculty advisors from 5 departments
- Biochemistry (8)
- Biology (17)
- Chemistry (7)
- Physics (7)
- Psychology (4)
- competitive fellowship programs
- Division of Science Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF), supported by Brandeis alumni and friends
- Dr. Frederick W. Alt ’71 Summer Biology Research Fellowship
- M. R. Bauer Foundation Summer Undergraduate Research Fellows
- Summer MRSEC Undergraduate Research Fellowships, supported by the Brandeis Materials Research and Engineering Center.
- Cell and Molecular Visualization REU, sponsored by NSF.
- MRSEC REU, sponsored by NSF.
- Undergraduate Traineeships in Computational Neuroscience, sponsored by NIH.
- Jordan-Dreyer Summer Undergraduate Research Assistantships in Chemistry
- Provost’s Undergraduate Research Fund
- Quantitative Biology Research Community (QBReC) at Brandeis, sponsored by HHMI.
- Brandeis India Science Scholars
- 10 different Brandeis undergraduate majors represented
- Biochemistry (22 students)
- Biological Physics (5)
- Biology (29)
- Chemistry (13)
- HSSP (1)
- Neuroscience (23)
- Mathematics (4)
- Physics (10)
- Psychology (5)
- Sociology (1)
- undeclared (2)
Categories : Uncategorized