The Biology department is cosponsoring an all-day symposium “Cellular and Molecular Immunology in Health and Disease” on Saturday, January 30. The symposium will be held in Gerstenzang 121 from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. This symposium celebrates Ranjan Sen’s 60th birthday and is organized by Sen’s Brandeis alumni. This symposium is open to the public, although the breakfast and lunch are by invitation only and are not open to the public.
The list of speakers includes:
- Fredrick Alt, Ph.D., Harvard Medical School
- Dipanjan Chowdhury, Ph.D., Harvard Medical School
- David Schatz, Ph.D., Yale School of Medicine
- Stephen Desiderio, M.D., Ph.D., John Hopkins Medicine
- Sankar Ghosh, Ph.D., Columbia University
- Barbara Nikolajczyk, Ph.D., Boston University
- Stephen Smale, Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- Joel Pomerantz, Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Rudolf Grosschedl, Ph.D., Max Planck Institute, Germany
- Batu Erman, Ph.D., Sabanci University, Turkey
- Christina Jamieson, Ph.D., University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine
- Yehudit Bergman, Ph.D., The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
More information about this event is available.