Mandel Center for the Humanities, Reading Room 303
Some say that universities are simply in the “knowledge business.” Others contend that a liberal arts education should propel students to action, particularly in the realm of social justice. What is the right answer for Brandeis University? As Brandeis undertakes a comprehensive strategic planning process under new leadership, setting priorities for years to come, what models from the U.S. and abroad can inform our thinking? Join distinguished members of the International Advisory Board of the International Center for Ethics, Justice and Public Life, including leaders in government, education, business, and law from Mauritania, South Africa, Sweden, Sri Lanka, the U.S., and Venezuela.
- Diego Arria (Venezuela), Former Permanent Representative of Venezuela to the United Nations, Former President of the UN Security Council
- Hans Corell (Sweden), Former Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs and Legal Counsel of the United Nations
- Richard Goldstone (South Africa), Justice of the Constitutional Court of South Africa (retired)
- Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah (Mauritania), Special Representative of the U.N. Secretary General for West Africa
- Shiranee Tilakawardane (Sri Lanka), Supreme Court Justice, Sri Lanka
- Norbert Weissberg (U.S.A.), Philanthropist; Chairman, Package Research Laboratory LLC and Stapling Machines Company LLC
Full bios and complete list of Ethics Center Advisory Board members here.