Technology Consulting – Goodbye Lessons

As we get closer to the final presentation to the C-suite, the pressure is on since this is one of the most important customers in the Middle East. In previous weeks, research on several sites was performed using internal audits which required a lot of manipulation in Excel where once again Visual Basic programming saved me a lot of manual labor. I generated graphs to showcase the distribution of users and volumes on several spots across Dubai where Ericsson technology was deployed previously. After generating dozens of graphs, it was time to create master PowerPoint. Even though the analysis part was over, it was very challenging to fit two months of research and analysis into a 45-minute presentation, and on top of that still have the CTO and CMO not fall asleep. The hardest part of the PowerPoint creation was deciding which parts of the analysis should be included and which ones were to be excluded. My mentor and I created the master PowerPoint and headed over to the Abu Dhabi office with several other colleagues to meet the Key Account Manager (the main person responsible for the relationship with the client). While my mentor presented our slides, I sat there just hoping there were no mistakes that none of us saw before. Luckily, the presentation was very good overall and the KAM was very pleased with the multi-site analysis that I had performed in the past weeks.

I will be leaving Dubai soon with a lot of very nice memories tied to the city, but more importantly many important lessons about my future career, meeting tight deadlines and navigating through corporate life.