This blog is an outlet for WOW recipients to reflect on their summer experiences, learn from one another, and offer advice to fellow students.
About the wow program
Sponsored by the Hiatt Career Center at Brandeis University, the World of Work (WOW) program offers financial awards for Brandeis students who wish to pursue summer internships with organizations that may not be able to provide a salary. By eliminating financial barriers that could prevent students from following their career interests, the WOW program encourages students to use the summer to explore career fields, gain new skills, and experience the World of Work.
Types of WOW Awards
There are several types of WOW awards, including:
- Universal WOW – Awarded to students pursuing unpaid summer internships in any career field.
- Louis D. Brandeis Legacy Fund for Social Justice WOW – Awarded to students pursuing unpaid summer internships at mission-driven organizations addressing issues of social justice.
- Judith Cossin Berkman ’59 Endowed Internship Fund in Social Work – Awarded to a student pursuing an unpaid summer internship in social work.
- Theater WOW – Awarded to a student pursuing an unpaid summer internship in theater (production, technical, or performance).
- Science WOW – Awarded to a student pursuing an unpaid summer internship in lab sciences or technical writing.
- Alexander P. Heckler/Governor Ann Richards Internship Fund in Public Service WOW – Awarded to a student pursuing an unpaid summer internship in politics in Washington, DC.
- Raush Family Trust Internship to fund summer internship for an undergraduate student who demonstrates financial need and who secures an unpaid summer internship in a business-related field ($3500 stipend).