This blog is an outlet for WOW recipients to reflect on their summer experiences, learn from one another, and offer advice to fellow students.
About the WOW program
Sponsored by the Hiatt Career Center at Brandeis University, the World of Work (WOW) program offers financial awards for Brandeis students who wish to pursue summer internships with organizations that may not be able to provide a salary. By eliminating financial barriers that could prevent students from following their career interests, the WOW program encourages students to use the summer to explore career fields, gain new skills, and experience the World of Work.
Types of WOW Awards
There are several types of WOW awards, including:
- Universal WOW – Awarded to students pursuing unpaid summer internships in any career field ($3000 to $5000 stipends)
- Louis D. Brandeis Legacy Fund for Social Justice WOW – Awarded to students pursuing unpaid summer internships at mission-driven organizations addressing issues of social justice ($4000 stipend).
- Judith Cossin Berkman ’59 Endowed Internship Fund in Social Work – Awarded to a student pursuing an unpaid summer internship in social work ($5000 stipend).
- Alexander P. Heckler/Governor Ann Richards Internship Fund in Public Service WOW – Awarded to a student pursuing an unpaid summer internship in politics in Washington, DC ($3500 stipend)
- Rauch Family Trust Internship to fund summer internship for an undergraduate student who demonstrates financial need and who secures an unpaid summer internship in a business-related field ($3500 stipend).
- The Earl and Shirlee Katz Endowed Internship for Jewish Communal Service WOW supports a student who secures an unpaid summer internship with a non-profit that supports or serves the Jewish community ($3500 stipend)