Congratulations on your WOW Fellowship!
In order to fulfill your WOW requirements you must complete the following**:
(If you have any questions, contact Jackie Blesso: firstname.lastname@example.org)
You have been assigned a Hiatt staff member who will serve as your liaison with the Hiatt Career Center through the summer. This person can help answer specific questions about the program, assist you should unexpected circumstances arise, and help guide your progress during the internship experience. You are required to complete the following check-ins:
- First week of work (email or phone call to Hiatt Liaison to confirm that you’ve arrived)
- Mid-summer check-in (short conversation about how you are progressing on your learning goals)
View your Hiatt liasion assignment here!
2. WOW Blog Posts
- Posts will be roughly 500 words and must contain at least 1 graphic/photo/image/video. Additional graphics and hyperlinks are strongly encouraged to ensure dynamic content.
- Posts will be public and viewable by all internet users. They should be professional, appropriate, and error-free.
For Social Justice WOWs only
Social Justice WOWs will respond to five social justice blog questions over a series of five weeks (June 24 – July 22) .
For all other WOWs (Universal, Business, Social Work, Public Service, Jewish Communal Service, Experiential Learning, Arts)
All other WOWs will submit three posts (at the beginning, middle & end of your internship) addressing these response questions.
For technical assistance navigating the blog, you can view our User Guide.
You are required to complete the following evaluations:
- Review your experience on the Brandeis Internship Exchange (BIX) (login with your UNET, enter your organization under “Rate your internship!” and then “Start” to complete the rest of the eval)
- Self-Evaluation (pre-internship) of your personal learning
- Self-Evaluation (post-internship) of your personal learning
- Employer evaluation of your performance, to be completed by your supervisor
4. Upon Returning to Campus
Detailed instructions will be emailed to you at the end of the summer
- Write a thank you note to your WOW donor
- Social Justice WOWs will attend a half-day retreat (date & time, TBD)
- Experiential Learning WOWs will present at the Experiential Learning Symposium and coordinate a presentation with an academic department
Additional Ways to Engage
- Participate in #BrandeisWOW Twitter Takeover
- Request to share your week on the Brandeis Instagram account
- Have our staff visit you at your internship site (local organizations only). Contact Kristin Menconi to participate: email@example.com
**A Note About Safety
Your safety is of the utmost concern to us. If at any point you feel that your internship puts you in an unsafe or uncomfortable position, remove yourself from the situation and contact us immediately. We can work with you to process what happened, file a complaint with your employer if necessary or desired, or make accommodations to the WOW requirements and expectations.