Emma Bers

February 2, 2017

Two Pitches

Filed under: Uncategorized — embers @ 9:16 pm

Last semester, a boy on my floor wrote and recorded a whole album at school and put it on spotify. I think he would be an really interesting subject for a story especially for Brandeis students interested (not only those interested in music) because the album is about his experience his first semester at Brandeis. Some questions I could ask him would be: Who or what is this album about? How did you get into music? What difficulties did you encounter trying to record this at school? What has been your experience with the musical opportunities/community on campus? When did you work on this album? What does making music mean to you and what inspired the decision to make this album in such a short amount of time? In terms of photos for this story, I think the most obvious ones would be to photograph him playing his instrument, and also his recording setup. Since the album is about school, I could take pictures of places on campus that are referenced or relevant to the music on the album.

I know a girl who was on the Brandeis soccer team, which went to the “Final Four” for their division this year for the first time. I think this story is interesting in in of itself because of the historical season, but I think her perspective would be particularly unique. As a freshman and a player who did not get much playing time, her interpretation and experience would be different than interviewing the star player. Some questions I could ask her would be: What did getting this far mean to the team? What was the significance of this to you as a first-year? Explain the team dynamic and atmosphere throughout the season and how that changed or didn’t change leading up to and during the final games? What do you bring to the team? What are you and/r your team looking forward to or planning for next season? Although I cannot get pictures of the actual

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL