Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: Perkins School for the Blind Watertown, MA
About: Perkins International is a worldwide leader in serving children in developing countries who are visually impaired. Perkins School for the Blind serves approximately 200 students on campus, and operates as the headquarters for the Community Services programs including itinerant services, independence courses for public school students, evaluations and assessments for communities, and training for professionals.
Position: Consulting Instructional Designer
Perkins International is transforming its service delivery model. The goal is to develop more scalable instructional programs and materials — off line and online — to enable Perkins International to train more teachers around the world.
The Instructional Designer will provide consulting assistance and hands-on support to the Perkins International team as it creates new curriculum materials that leverage the latest digital instruction technologies: online delivery, video, digital formatting and storage, etc. The goal is to develop a digital library of course materials and teaching plans that leverage the decades of experience of the Perkins International professional staff, allow the organization to scale its educational operations.
- Understanding of effective curriculum design – appropriate for professional development of teachers.
- Understanding of digital media and online education platforms.
- Highly organized with a track record of delivering finished materials on time.
- An ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trusted relationships with our team.
- Excelling writing and communication skills.
Make sure to reference seeing this position through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.