Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Membership Operations in Arlington, VA
About: HIMSS is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better health through information technology (IT). HIMSS leads efforts to optimize health engagements and care outcomes using information technology. HIMSS produces health IT thought leadership, education, events, market research and media services around the world. Founded in 1961, HIMSS encompasses more than 61,000 individuals, of which 79% work in healthcare provider, governmental and not-for-profit organizations across the globe, plus over 640 corporations and 400 not-for-profit partner organizations, that share this cause. HIMSS, headquartered in Chicago, serves the global health IT community with additional offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Position: Manager, Membership Operations
Consider joining the talented staff at HIMSS as Manager, Membership Operations as we transform health through information technology. In this newly-created position, you will provide management of the day-to-day operations of Continua and Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHA) programs. This position works in concert with the Executive Director of Continua to ensure that members derive value from their memberships and that the duties of the organization are fulfilled. Responsibilities include direct member contact to resolve day-to-day and complex issues, development of membership retention strategies, planning and execution of events, support for the PCHA Board of Directors, general operations, and assistance with budgets and strategic planning.
- Member relationship management. Communicate with individual members and work to resolve issues. Work closely with the PCHA sales team to drive high (>90%) member renewal rates and counsel members on value of different membership options. Answer incoming correspondence from members, non-members, and potential members. Identify opportunities to enhance the members experience and derive value by proposing strategic partnerships and other ideas to solve members’ business problems. Conduct research and connect members with resources and programs to better utilize membership.
- Administrative support for the Board of Directors, Continua Council, and elected Officers. This includes planning and scheduling meetings, participating in discussion, answering questions, and keeping meeting minutes. Assists in preparing budget and forecasts.
- Payment and invoice processing. Set billing terms. Validate and process vendor invoices according to HIMSS Finance policies. Track expenditures versus budget predictions and manage vendor contract renewals
- Event planning and execution. Work with other PCHA team members to plan Continua member events and summits. Includes identifying speakers, scheduling of resources, budget preparation and planning, hotel and venue booking, and preparation of materials for events. Ensures appropriate speakers are on agenda. If necessary, help to represent Continua at tradeshows and other events.
- Strategic advice. Provide insights and data regarding membership trends, industry trends, and best practices to inform the strategic planning of the Executive Director and Continua Officers and Board. Effectively communicate ideas via written and oral communications. Develop new member packages and pricing.
- Website and communications management. Working together with Continua’s Marketing team, draft, proofread, edit, and distribute various member and non-member communications. This may include updating non-technical web content, working with industry press, and distributing internal communications to members.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, marketing, informatics or in a healthcare-related field; Master’s degree desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related work experience preferably in a professional society, trade association, support organization, or in healthcare management
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in healthcare technology including, but not limited to, mobile health (mHealth), clinical informatics, healthcare information management (HIM), consumer electronics or other health IT experience preferred
- Technical understanding of a variety of healthcare and Internet technologies including: Bluetooth and other radio technologies; Internet protocols; application architecture (including a very high-level understanding of APIs, RESTful interfaces, etc.); and healthcare interoperability standards (IEEE, HL7, IHE).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective listener, strong teamwork skills, and superior planning skills, both strategic and tactical
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with strong personal integrity and the ability to build collaborative relationships thru demonstrated customer relations techniques
- Excellent technical skills; skilled in using the Internet, office communication tools (email), word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, and data analysis
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision as part of a geographically distributed team
- Must have a valid passport and be able to travel internationally; up to 10% travel required.
Interested candidates should apply using the HIMSS careers site here.
Make sure to reference seeing this position through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.
Not subscribed to our blog?
Leave a Reply