Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: This position is with a confidential company in Boston, MA. Applicants interested in the position will work with the New Dimensions in Technology Recruiting Agency.
New Dimensions in Technology (NDT) continues to be on the forefront of change. Our experienced Recruiting Team has seen industry trends come and go. NDT Recruiters have developed keen insight into companies that are most likely to grow and prosper. NDT also offers a proven track record of successful matching of candidates with client companies by understanding our candidates career goals and knowing the needs of our client companies and their corporate cultures. We have partnered with start-up companies to staff and grow their businesses into FORTUNE 500 companies; we have assisted our mid-size and large client companies in recruiting the most sought after superstars. No matter what the global economic conditions, NDT consistently delivers value to both new and long-time client companies and candidates.
Position: Big Data Engineer
Candidate will be sifting through lots and lots of DATA to identify the METADATA that will support an effective and enjoyable user experience. Candidate will also be programming – building the infrastructure needed to analyze the data.
- You need to build data marts.
- You need to build traffic models.
- You need to build business models.
- You need to analyze the way consumers use the client’s site/app.
- You need to leverage the significant internal resources that do data mining and machine learning to build recommenders.
- You need to analyze data and help to build needed tools.
You must be hands-on and want to solve important business problems that depend on “big data” analysis. You must have serious technical chops and effective communication skills. Sometimes you will build the solution yourself, and sometimes you will be coordinating the efforts of others, but at all times you will be expected to think creatively about solving the business problem.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Solid RDBMS operational knowledge with outstanding SQL skills
- Ability to transform raw, noisy log level data into useful business fact tables
- Solid database design skills
- ETL expertise
- Computer Science expertise – algorithms, data structures, software engineering
- A natural affinity for math, especially for statistics
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs
- Ability to come up to speed quickly in order to understand and coordinate the work of domain experts – in particular the ability to work effectively with the Machine Learning team.
- Strong sense of responsibility: taking pride in your work, leveraging others, owning the problem
- And you love, and we mean LOVE, data
To receive full consideration for this position, candidates are asked to submit a Resume/CV and Cover Letter through the recruiting agency’s online portal here.
Please make sure to reference seeing these positions through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.
Not subscribed to our blog?