If you’re a data scientist, you’re lucky enough to possess what Glassdoor calls the best job of 2017.
The online recruiting site released its annual top jobs list earlier this week, and it’s no surprise that data analytics dominated the majority of the positions in the top 10.
“We suddenly have a new and abundant resource that previously didn’t exist on such a scale: data — big data,” said Ellen Murphy, director of program development at Brandeis University’s division of Graduate Professional Studies (GPS). “Individuals with the skills and knowledge on how to mine this resource, refine this resource and use it strategically, are what industries are demanding. The need for data specialists will only continue to grow and expand.”
According to EAB, Glassdoor researchers examined user data and member profiles and assigned job ratings based on three primary criteria: median annual base salaries, overall job satisfaction and the number of openings for each position. Here’s Glassdoor’s top 10 jobs with median base salary and job score:
- Data Scientist, $110,000, 4.8/5
- DevOps Engineer, $110,000, 4.7/5
- Data Engineer, $106,000, 4.7/5
- Tax Manager, $110,000, 4.7/5
- Analytics Manager, $112,000, 4.6/5
- HR Manager, $85,000, 4.6/5
- Database Administrator, $93,000, 4.5/5
- Strategy Manager, $130,000, 4.5/5
- UX Designer, $92,500, 4.4/5
- Solutions Architect, $125,000, 4.4/5
View Glassdoor’s full list of the 50 best jobs in America here.
Leave a Reply