SPOTLIGHT ON JOBS
Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: Wayfair in Boston, MA
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Position: UX Designer
Wayfair is looking for a User Experience design professional with a proven record of creating engaging experiences that foster repeat visitation. The ideal candidate is self-directed, analytical, and creative.
Executing interactive design and informing visual design as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the perfect candidate researches UX design trends and lives and breathes e-commerce best practices. At the end of the day, we want natural shoppers with the ability to dive into the customer mindset.
(IA) Information Architect Responsibilities
- Limited ability to produce detailed IA documents, ensuring all details are distinct and user-friendly. All documents must clearly define the scope of the relevant project. These deliverables include: Site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc
Interaction Designer Responsibilities
- Produce fully annotated wireframes and functional specifications
- Make interaction recommendations based on existing Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices
- Work closely with front end developers to ensure user-facing experiences meet our interaction design standards
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
User Researcher Responsibilities
- Generate design prototypes to utilize during research
- Competitive analysis: Evaluate competitor and industry websites. Provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Conduct research that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Conduct research using various qualitative and quantitative methods. This includes first person and remote research.
- Conduct research using the following techniques: Competitive Analysis, User Interviews, Usability Testing, Mall Intercept
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app
- 2+ years of UX design experience for consumers and consumer brands—a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce
- Exceptional knowledge of Sketch, PhotoShop the rest of the Adobe Suite
- Unfailing advocacy for the user. This should be demonstrated in concepts, user flows, wireframes, and features that work across devices to produce a seamless user experience
- Analytical thinking and a love of focusing on things like flow, scenarios, and usability
- Demonstrated passion for mobile design
- Prototyping that brings to life ideas that can be put into seamless user testing
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that have unclear direction or unknown variables
- An online portfolio that includes e-commerce work, mobile wireframes, or comps, and demonstrates strategic thinking
To receive full consideration for this position, candidates are asked to submit an application on the Wayfair website.
Please make sure to reference seeing this position through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.
Not subscribed to our blog?