Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: REsurety, Boston, MA with a flexible Q2 start date
About: REsurety is a venture-backed FinTech startup that is eliminating the challenge of resource intermittency for the wind power industry. We are revenue-positive, have active customers, and work in partnership with some of the world’s leading risk market players. Our team keeps an informal office with open lines of communication, little hierarchy, and a rapid pace. If putting your skills to work to drive down the cost of renewable energy by solving the challenge of resource intermittency sounds exciting, then we would love to receive your application.
Position: Power Market Research Scientist
Position Details: As a Power Market Research Scientist, you will research and model future market structures, including how the buildout of renewable energy generation affects power prices.
- Lead research into the effects of renewable capacity buildout on power markets, producing actionable insights that can be incorporated into our existing code base
- Model the generation stack at various ISOs (ERCOT, SSP, etc.), enabling stochastic scenario analysis
- Forecast the effects of increased transmission buildout on electricity markets
- Improve upon and/or replace existing statistical models
- Integrate your research with REsurety’s engineering team to productize results
- Strong fundamental understanding of power markets
- Degree in energy economics, computational finance, financial engineering, data science, or related field
- A passion for REsurety’s mission: More Profitable Clean Energy
- Knowledge of wind industry resource assessment, operations, and economics
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis
- Programming experience with R (preferred), MATLAB, Python, or similar languages
- Experience with GAMS and/or PowerWorld a plus
Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Michael Garrison: email@example.com.
Please make sure to reference seeing this position through the GPS Spotlight on Jobs post.
Not subscribed to our blog?
Leave a Reply