Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: Cambridge, MA
About: Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries – and growing – we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Position: Postdoctoral Fellow Computational Biology
Position Details: We are actively recruiting a talented candidate to develop and apply computational approaches to large human omics datasets in a highly collaborative pharmaceutical environment.
We seek a talented, collaborative interdisciplinary scientist to catalyze the development and application of computational approaches for translating genetic associations to mechanistic understandings. The successful candidate will develop and apply computational strategies to extract mechanistic insights from large proprietary genetic-centric and omics rich human datasets. In particular, this role is expected to elucidate context-specific and genetic-inspired mechanisms in autoimmune and/or neurodegeneration diseases by:
- Developing QTL analyses and network-centric approaches for carrying forward genetic variations into mechanistic insights;
- Pioneering deep-learning algorithms for biomedical research;
- Deriving novel insights using longitudinal progression-based patient records.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to leverage access to proprietary resources and broad team expertise within the industry setting.Expertise in genetics and omics datasets are
Expertise in genetics and omics datasets are prerequisite. Experiences in algorithm development are highly desired.
- Expertise in GWAS and QTL analyses.
- Experience with relevant programming/scripting tools (e.g. R, MATLAB, Python, C/C++).
- Experience with public datasets GTEx, ENCODE, ADNI a plus.
- Experience with deep learning a plus.
- Knowledge and/or interests in autoimmune and/or neurodegeneration indications a bonus.
- A track record demonstrating scientific creativity, collaboration, and independence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or related disciplines
- Interested applicants should apply through the Celgene website. Link to the job page here.
- See more career opportunities at Celgene here.
- Please make sure to reference seeing this position through the GPS Spotlight on Jobs post.
Not subscribed to our blog? Click here to subscribe!
Leave a Reply