Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: The Heller School of Social Policy and Management’s Segal Citizen Leadership Program works to foster the next generation of citizen leaders, and they are seeking an experienced and motivated part-time team member to serve through June 2018.
Position: Segal Program 10th Anniversary Project Manager
Position Details: To serve as the Project Manager for the Segal Program’s 10th Anniversary celebration & assist the Director with related event/programmatic management. This person will be able to connect with the network of Segal Fellows and Founders and get the opportunity to learn from and partner with an experienced executive producer. This role will include several independently managed responsibilities and require relevant experience with event planning and communications and the ability to work with minimal supervision. It will include the opportunity to learn from and partner with an experienced executive producer.
- Build and manage 10th Anniversary event timeline; track action items, roles and responsibilities.
- Assist with management of the event Chair, event committee, and other 10th Anniversary volunteers.
- Partner with pro-bono event production support.
- Assist with writing/editing of and soliciting/managing content for invitations, 10th anniversary report, video and any other collateral.
- Manage database of invitees and responses.
- Assist with relevant fundraising and donor stewardship.
- Schedule/coordinate meetings for event leadership and volunteers (including regular leadership calls).
- With administrative support from Center for Youth and Communities, interface with event venue and vendors.
- On-site event management and trouble-shooting in Washington, DC during the week of the event.
- Must be available in DC, for extended hours during event (likely at least two days June 5-9, 2018), travel costs covered.
- Other relevant duties, as assigned.
- Experience with event planning and management.
- Experience managing committees and/or coordinating volunteers.
- Exceptional communication and outreach skills, including strong written communication skills, and the ability to utilize social media.
- Results oriented individual with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and proven ability to handle competing priorities and multitask.
- Proficiency in relevant software/computer applications.
- Ideal candidate enjoys working in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Interest in and experience with citizen leadership, volunteering, national service, the Segal Program, and/or social justice preferred.
- Graduate students and/or students with at least 2-4 years of relevant real world experience preferred.
- Position candidates should be flexible, efficient, inquisitive and proactive.
- Ability to work through June 2018, with heavier hours (~20-35 hours per week) mid-May – June 2018 and to work at 10th Anniversary event (likely early June 2018 in Washington, DC, with travel costs covered).
Apply: To receive full consideration for this position, candidates should submit an application here.
Please make sure to reference seeing this position through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.
Not subscribed to our blog?