Employment-oriented social networking site LinkedIn has recently released its list of the most promising jobs of 2019. It’s no surprise that jobs relating to Strategic Analytics, Software Engineering, and User-Centered Design dominated the top 15:
- Data Scientist
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Enterprise Account Executive
- Product Designer
- Product Owner
- Customer Success Manager
- Engagement Manager
- Solutions Architect
- Information Technology Lead
- Scrum Master
- Cloud Architect
- Product Marketing Manager
- Solutions Consultant
- Product Manager
- Machine Learning Engineer
LinkedIn based their rankings on salary, career advancement, number of job openings in the U.S., year-over-year growth in job openings, and widespread regional availability. LinkedIn also released lists of the top in-demand hard and soft skills for the year, which included Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, and UX Design. Many of the part-time, online master’s degrees offered at Brandeis GPS directly correlate with the fields and industries LinkedIn identified as playing a critical role in the 2019 job market.
Students interested in pursuing a master’s degree with Brandeis GPS can take up to two courses for professional development before applying. To learn more, contact email@example.com, call 781-736-8787 or visit www.brandeis.edu/gps.
If you’re a data scientist, you’re lucky enough to possess what Glassdoor calls the best job of 2017.
The online recruiting site released its annual top jobs list earlier this week, and it’s no surprise that data analytics dominated the majority of the positions in the top 10.
“We suddenly have a new and abundant resource that previously didn’t exist on such a scale: data — big data,” said Ellen Murphy, director of program development at Brandeis University’s division of Graduate Professional Studies (GPS). “Individuals with the skills and knowledge on how to mine this resource, refine this resource and use it strategically, are what industries are demanding. The need for data specialists will only continue to grow and expand.”
According to EAB, Glassdoor researchers examined user data and member profiles and assigned job ratings based on three primary criteria: median annual base salaries, overall job satisfaction and the number of openings for each position. Here’s Glassdoor’s top 10 jobs with median base salary and job score:
- Data Scientist, $110,000, 4.8/5
- DevOps Engineer, $110,000, 4.7/5
- Data Engineer, $106,000, 4.7/5
- Tax Manager, $110,000, 4.7/5
- Analytics Manager, $112,000, 4.6/5
- HR Manager, $85,000, 4.6/5
- Database Administrator, $93,000, 4.5/5
- Strategy Manager, $130,000, 4.5/5
- UX Designer, $92,500, 4.4/5
- Solutions Architect, $125,000, 4.4/5
View Glassdoor’s full list of the 50 best jobs in America here.
SPOTLIGHT ON JOBS
Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: Thermalin Diabetes, LLC in Newton, MA (but will travel to Boston, MA)
Thermalin’s world-class team is leveraging breakthroughs with significant IP built on 25 years of research on insulin by Dr. Michael Weiss, Chairman of Biochemistry at Case Western Reserve Medical School (CWRU). Their new molecules, novel formulations, and devices address unmet clinical needs, enable new delivery technologies and reach rapidly developing markets.
Position: Data Scientist
- Prepare data visualizations and analysis reports for board meeting, investor presentations and team progress meetings
- Format and analyze data to extract key performance parameters
- Perform statistical analysis on study results
- Update and maintain preclinical studies database/find new ways to improve upon current system
- Bachelors Degree in life and/or physical science or quantitative major (courses in statistics a plus)
- At least 1-3 years experience, post graduation, in an industry setting as a data analyst
- At least 3 distinct, observable examples where achieved meaningful excellence
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel, Powerpoint (advanced functions, pivot tables, VB macros, charting visuals) and willingness to expand range of skills
- Knowledge or experience with any statistical software language (R, Matlab, SAS, Minitab, Sigmaplot, Prism, etc.) is a big plus or willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a remote office setting at times and be able to communicate with various professionals in the drug development field
To receive full consideration for this position, candidates are asked to submit a Resume/CV and Cover Letter through the company’s career portal here.
Please make sure to reference seeing this position through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.
Not subscribed to our blog?
Click here to subscribe!