Did you know that Brandeis GPS offers courses for professional development? Enroll in an online course this fall and network with new colleagues in a 10-week, seminar-style online classroom capped at 20 students. Registration is now open and we’re celebrating by profiling our favorite fall courses.
Learn how to design and develop your own software and programs in Java this fall. With this 10-week, graduate-level course, you’ll learn advanced topics of Java programming language including generic programming and annotations, Java foundations classes (JFC), and Java database connectivity (JDBC). By the end of the course, students should:
- Design and develop programs in Java using inheritance, composition, interfaces, polymorphism, and exceptions
- Design and develop programs in Java using Java Collection Framework
- Design and develop graphical user interfaces (GUI) using Java Foundation Classes
- Design and develop multithreaded Java programs
- Design and develop networking Java programs
- Design and develop Java programs using Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- Design Java Classes
Fall courses run Sept. 14-Nov. 22. Whether you’re looking to complete a full degree or advance your career through professional development, this course is designed to equip you with the necessary skills for making an impact in any industry or organization.
How it works:
Take a part-time, online course this fall without enrolling in one of our graduate programs. If you like what you learn and want to continue your education, you can apply your credits from this fall toward a future degree. Questions? Contact our enrollment team at email@example.com or 781-736-8787 or fill out our first-time registration form and we’ll be in touch.