SPOTLIGHT ON JOBS
Members of the Brandeis GPS Community may submit job postings from within their industries to advertise exclusively to our community. This is a great way to further connect and seek out opportunities as they come up. If you are interested in posting an opportunity, please complete the following form found here.
Where: BERG Health, LLC Framingham, MA
About: Berg focuses our research on understanding how alterations in metabolism relate to disease onset. The company has a deep pipeline of early-stage technologies in CNS diseases and metabolic diseases that complement its late-stage clinical trial activity in cancer and prevention of chemotoxicity. Armed with use of the Interrogative Biology™ discovery platform that translates biological output into viable therapeutics and a robust biomarker library, Berg is poised to realize its pursuit of a healthier tomorrow
Position: Data Scientist–Healthcare Analytics
The Healthcare Analytics team is seeking a highly motivated, meticulous and detail-oriented individual for a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary team. The candidate will be instrumental in analyzing and making inferences from healthcare big data and must be goal oriented and should have strong background in statistics, epidemiology and possess some programming skills. The candidate should also be a quick learner, extremely flexible and able to adapt to needs of the project.
- Perform meticulous and well thought-out data analysis for hypothesis testing on healthcare big data.
- Development and execution of data analysis protocols to support company’s discovery pipeline.
- Detailed documentation of data analysis methods and findings.
- Presentation of scientific results internally and externally.
- Requires a Ph.D. or Masters with 5+ years of relevant experience in Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science or related field.
- Strong skills in statistics and study design.
- Experience working with healthcare claims, pharmacy and EMR data is a highly desirable.
- Proficiency in R, MySQL and Perl is preferred.
- Proven ability to find creative, practical solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with superior and proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record keeping.
Anyone interested in applying to this position may send their resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com.
May sure to reference seeing this position through the Brandeis GPS job spotlight post.