An Introduction

Salutations, my name is Harris Cohen.  I’m a second semester senior from Montclair, NJ.  This blog is intended for my journalism class, and through it I intend to show a bit of my life in this final semester at Brandeis.  Now, I’m no journalist, but my interest in journalism stems from my involvement with the music industry the past several years, and particularly in PR and publicity.  I’ve had the chance to be a publicity intern for two companies over the past two years, one being Big Hassle Media in NYC, and the other being Warner Bros. Records in Burbank, CA.  Both offered me the chance to learn a lot about PR and see the industry both from the public angle, but also from the point of view of the journalists and writers who were interviewing and writing on the artists I was working with.  Taking this into account, I’ve had an interest in photography for a while now, which should help in my journalistic pursuits.  “Writing for Broadcast and The Internet” sounded interesting to me, so in my final semester, I decided to take it.

In recent news, Brandeis has changed its alcohol policy for event registration, a policy that I helped change due to DCL’s swift ban on the Mods last semester. I’m curious as to how that change will be perceived by students and what positive change, if any, it will make. In world news, everything going in with Iran has really caught my attention, especially since it seems that the US can’t make a right call on how to treat the situation.

1 thought on “An Introduction”

1. Some wallpapers require the computer user to run a setup
    program before they can start using the wallpaper. These work extremely well, as one is now capable to stock up photos on their i – Phone and connect them to the music,
    in order that while one snoop to Kanye West one get to spot an image of him or his most recent album coat or anything.
    There are all kinds of creative and fun uses for wallpaper you make not be using.