We’re excited to announce that the Heller application for Fall 2022 entry is now open! Today, I’ve compiled some frequently asked questions from students and included a list of resources
What is required for the application?
The application is designed to be accessible and is comprised of the following elements:
- The Heller online application, including biographic information, education history, and work history
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- Three Letters of Recommendation (two for Social Impact MBA applicants)
- PhD and SID/WGS joint program only: Writing Sample
- International students only: TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test results, unless you qualify for an English Proficiency Waiver
- The MPP, MBA, and PhD programs have extended their test-optional policy through the Fall 2022 admission cycle due to the COVID-19 pandemic
You can view a full list of requirements for each program on our “How to Apply” page.
What are the deadlines for the application?
You can find deadlines for each program on our “Application Deadlines” page.
How can I start an application?
What are you looking for in an application?
- FAQs for Prospective Students, from Sami Rovins
- Writing your Statement of Purpose: Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Writing Your Statement of Purpose Part I, Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Writing Your Statement of Purpose Part II, Writing Your Best Statement of Purpose with Sami Rovins, Writing the Perfect Statement of Purpose with Andrea Tyree
- Letters of Recommendation: Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Letters of Recommendation
- Resume/ CV: Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Your Resume or CV
- Interview: Interview Tips from One of Our Interviewers
- Application Process: What Does “Holistic Review Process” Mean, Anyway?, Common Graduate School Application Mistakes to Avoid, Put Your Best Foot Forward: Starting the Application Process, Five Tips for Finishing your Application