The Positive and Negatives of Genetically Engineering Babies:
- Has the ability to alter human DNA can correct for disease genes and stop future generations from suffering from conditions like cystic fibrosis.
- Has the ability to install gene protection against infections, Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s disease, and aging effects.
- Has the ability to create fertile sperm from repaid DNA of infertile men, allowing men to produce babies.
- Has the ability to improve the human species by increasing life span, intelligence, and economic output.
- Inputting several genetic diseases at once may cause complications in the embryo.
- Usage of the technology could get out of hand, for example changing eye color of babies born.
- Discriminating against families without proper income to use the technology.
- Ethical questions arise.