- Rabbit story – Science magazine
- Deconstructing the rabbit story.
- Mosquitoes data. (Right click and “Save As” to Downloads folder)
- Upload that csv to CartoDB.com after creating an account.
- Create an account on Medium.com logging in with your Twitter account.
The results of our human-centered design workshop:
HOOKED: An illegal fishing watchdog app for Tommy, a Maryland crab fisherman worried about his bottom line.
TAP IT: Sensor on tree to record water flow and regional production in realtime, upload to Farmer Bob, a 62-year-old maple syrup farmer in Vermont, and scientists.
BUZZIKA: Weather or pregnancy tracking app or Twitter feed for Barbara, a pregnant 32-year-old Florida woman, science teacher mother of one, to provide updates about mosquitoes.
AN APPLE A DAY: An app-based game that’s realtime where the player, 8-year-old Brandon, is an apple that has to protect tree from deforestation, pollution, pesticides on which he’s growing.
- Vox article and BMJ study.
- Chocolate milk press release and post-mortem.
- Calhoun’s blogpost.
- Read a short Science News profile.
- Read a short Nature profile.
- Discuss the Jane Goodall story.
- Read concussions story.
- Email etiquette basics.
- Egypt story.
- Handout here.
- Find the study.
- New Scientist story. Handout here.
- WBUR story. Handout here.
- Build your own news story.