The mathematical neuroscience team at Brandeis University Department of Mathematics and Volen National Center for Complex Systems, is an interdisciplinary research group studying mathematical models of biological systems and neurosciences (PI: Jonathan Touboul).
We are particularly interested in the interplay of structure and function in the stochastic and dynamical brain computations, from single cells activity up to large neuronal areas. We enthusiastically collaborate with experimentalist, analyze data, and develop mathematical models generally relying on dynamical systems and probabilities, which we study analytically (sometimes) and numerically (often).
You can find us in the Goldsmith building at Brandeis – office 303 and 118.
- With Samuel Dahan (Queen’s U.) and Maxime Cohen (McGill U.), we launched MyOpenCourt.org, an AI-powered platform using the predictive algorithms we developed in the team to help workers in Canada with employment law! – May 2020.
- We’ve been awarded the New Frontiers in Research Fund – Exploration Grant by the Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council! With Queen’s Conflict Analytics Lab – April 2019
- Congratulations to Dr. Richard Bailleul for remarkable defense on the development of avian skin – July 2019!
- Congratulations to Dr. Yi Cui for impressive PhD work and defense on the development of brain – January 2019!
- Congratulations to our former PhD Cristobal Quiñinao for his faculty position at O’Higgins University!
- Congratulations to our former postdoc Justyna Signerska for her faculty position at Politechnika Gdańska!
- 24/01/17 – Workshop Models of Life @ College de France, 9:15 am – 4pm, room D2 – Program and Flyer
- 12/16 – Our project Altering Fear Memories with Sidney Wiener and Karim Benchenane was funded!
- 12/16 – Congratulations to Dr. Tanguy Cabana for his superb PhD defense! Good luck for the future!
- 06/16 – Our project Big Data for the Brain with Laurent Venance was funded!
- 03/16 – We’re starting our Machine Learning for Biology Seminar!
- Alessandro Sarti joins the team as an associate member!
- The hipster effect was featured in the press and on tv! A digest here
- 10/15 – Congratulations to Dr Garcia del Molino for outstanding PhD defense. Good luck @ NYU!
- 07/15 – CNS 2015, Prague. Workshop on Stochastic Neural Dynamics
- 06/15 – Congratulations to Dr Quiñinao for impressive PhD defense! Good luck in Chile!