The date many students have been waiting for is finally here.
Applications for the Summer 2016 JBS programs are now open! To submit your application visit: http://www.brandeis.edu/jbs/apply/application.html
Because of the unique nature of the JBS programs, most programs have a limit to the number of students who can enroll. The size of each program is limited for a few reasons.
First, the JBS is an intensive summer program where students receive a lot of direct attention from their instructor. Last summer, the 6 JBS programs offered had an average of just 11.5 students enrolled! Even the largest JBS program had only 17 students. These students were working with 2 Instructors and 3 Teaching Assistants over the course of their JBS. So students really get personal attention as they learn about the topic of their JBS.
Second, JBS programs do some amazing things that wouldn’t be possible with a large group. For example, this summer:
- The Emerging Powers JBS will be travelling to New York City for a few days to meet with journalists, and UN diplomats
- The Health, Law, and Justice JBS will be meeting with lawmakers on Beacon Hill and experts int eh health care industry.
- The Sports Writing JBS will have unprecedented access to organized Training Activities at Gillette Stadium while Patriots players train for next season.
- The Art Today JBS will be travelling to art galleries and artist studios to learn from working professionals what it takes to succeed in today’s art world.
- The Voice, Web, and Mobile Applications JBS will be creating apps for smartphones and tablets and meeting with key figures in the Boston tech world about how to create a commercially successful app.
Logistically, these unique programs couldn’t be as meaningful and as exciting if each program had too students many enrolled.
In addition to the fact that each program has a limited number of openings, there is also a limited amount of financial aid available for these programs, so early application is encouraged!
Apply today. Don’t be closed out!