Archived Ad: Post-Grad Looking to Enter Urban Planning

I am a Brandeis graduate with a major in history and an Independent Interdisciplinary Major in urban studies. After graduation I completed the [IN]City Summer Institute at the University of California, Berkeley, and participated in an Israel internship program at a Jerusalem think-tank that promoted public policy. Upon returning to Boston, where I now live, I worked as a project archivist at Boston University’s Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center. Recently I researched and co-wrote an article titled, “Resistance and Rebirth in Lower Roxbury: How an Anti-Highway Movement Empowered a Neighborhood,” that has been accepted for publication in the journal America’s Changing Neighborhoods.

I am currently looking for an entry level urban planning position. My commitment to the field leans toward the areas of transit planning, land use, and historic preservation. I am also interested in advocating for improved public transportation through policy development.

I would greatly appreciate any insight and advice on how I could enter the field of urban planning.   Thank you in advance.

Name: Gabriel Distler ’13
Majors: History, Urban Studies
Hometown: Boca Raton, FL