Archived Ad: Senior seeking job advice for non-profits or human rights field

I am a graduating senior at Brandeis seeking opportunities in the non-profit world, with a focus on human rights, international studies/development, and related fields. I am an International and Global Studies and History double major with a passion for human rights, social justice, foreign policy, research, and writing. I currently intern for a foreign affairs journal where I research international news and help edit original content pieces from top foreign policy analysts. I previously interned at a non-profit in Jerusalem that worked to provide social and educational opportunities to Ethiopian immigrants. At Brandeis, I am an editor for the school newspaper The Justice and have contributed to the Brandeis International Journal, and I am also the founder and editor-in-chief of a feminist website which works to promote creative works from women around the world.

I’m interested in learning about what it is like to work at a non-profit, particularly those focused on human rights, women’s rights, or related issues. I am curious as to what types of roles are typically available for entry-level candidates and what kind of impact one can make in those roles, as well as what future experiences non-profit work could potentially lead to. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Name: Rachel Sharer ’17
Majors:  international and global studies, history
Hometown: Washington, D.C.