Wisdom Wanted ads are specific requests for career advice that the Hiatt Career Center posts on this blog, and also emails to our volunteer list on a quarterly basis. Students and alumni write ads seeking advice on a variety of topics, from grad school applications to job opportunities in a specific field. When volunteers want to respond to an ad, they contact the student/alum directly via email.
For students & alumni who wish to submit an ad
Be sure you have a complete LinkedIn profile with:
- An appropriate photo
- A summary of who you are and why you’re on LinkedIn
- A listing of your past experiences with detailed descriptions
- Brandeis listed in your education section with your major (if declared)
For students: Before you submit your ad, you must:
- Watch this brief networking video and take the quiz.
- Read and electronically sign Hiatt’s Social Responsibility and Integrity Contract.
For Brandeis alumni & parent volunteers
As Brandeis alumni and parents, you represent a rich array of experiences and expertise, and can offer incredible insights, advice, and leads to current students looking to follow in your footsteps. To reply to an ad on this blog, email the student/grad directly and cc: email@example.com. For additional context, review their LinkedIn profile.
To receive a quarterly digest of ads, subscribe to the Wisdom Wanted e-newsletter.