- Teaching your native language in a foreign country.
Person to interview: Assist. Prof. Hisae Fujiwara or Lecturer Yukimi Nakano
Pictures can be taken either in the office or during lectures.
– What inspire you to teach Japanese in a university in the US? Why do you choose to stay in the current position?
– How do you usually start the conversation with students?
– What do you find most difficult while teaching? How did you overcome the difficulties?
– Is there any difference between students with different backgrounds (origins) when they are trying to learn Japanese?
– What is your future plan? What do you want to accomplish the most in the coming years?
- Why Neuroscience?
Person to interview: Ph. D. candidate Daniel Acker or Associate Prof. Suzanne Paradis
Pictures can be taken while the person is conducting experiments or reading scientific literature in the lab.
– What did you study as an undergraduate student in college?
– What help you to decide the neuroscience focus among the wide scientific topics?
– Do you have any relatives or friends who have neurological diseases or psychological disorders?
– How and when did you determine the current research interests?
– What is the most difficult situation you have encountered during experiments so far? How did you solve the problem?
– What aspects of your research do you believe will benefit others the most?
– How do you envision the next few years?